Home header left
| Login Help

 

 

June 2 - we try to fly

Today, the forecast is for thunderstorms in the afternoon, but with a slight chance of getting in some soaring if it doesn't blow up too much. I'm assigned spot #3 to launch, so volunteer to be a sniffer in order to get airborne and help out the rest of the competitors.

A couple of us self launchers get up and manage to stay up with just a little help from our engines, but the lift is weak and we just can't get up to the minimum altitude of 2500' to make it safe to launch the whole fleet. Also, we got big storms building up all around us. One formed about 40 miles upwind and dropped a big shadow on us by a bit after 2 and light rain an hour later. Didn't get a chance to take photos while flying, but I'll post a few cloud pictures on the SSA website.

-Tom

Posted: 6/2/2007 By: Tom Serkowski


Member Blogs 

Search Posts

Recent Posts

Legal Notice

The SSA policy on member posting is located here